Monday, September 15, 2014

Mojang and Microsoft - a tale of a man

Seems unbelievable, but Notch's selling Mojang to Microsoft. Here the news.

Mojang are behind Minecraft and this little game is just incredible. But I'm not here (after so much time) because of this, but because of this:
As soon as this deal is finalized, I will leave Mojang and go back to doing Ludum Dares and small web experiments. If I ever accidentally make something that seems to gain traction, I’ll probably abandon it immediately.
Considering the public image of me already is a bit skewed, I don’t expect to get away from negative comments by doing this, but at least now I won’t feel a responsibility to read them.
I’m aware this goes against a lot of what I’ve said in public. I have no good response to that. I’m also aware a lot of you were using me as a symbol of some perceived struggle. I’m not. I’m a person, and I’m right there struggling with you. (I'm leaving..)
 There is something behind: a man. A man with a lot of money right now, but always a man.
Just yesterday I saw for the first time "Citizen Kane" and for me Notch is the indie-Kane. A symbol, a giant, but always a man. And before become something too big, too strange, he just quit.

Seems incredible, but now Notch, you can do anything you want, not we want you to do.

This is freedom, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment